How Video Affects SEO
An effective SEO strategy needs to include video. People love to watch videos online, and if you can’t fill that need with engaging content that entertains and educates, you can be sure the competition will.
Google’s search engine algorithms are now able to parse through video content and identify key on-screen elements that searchers need to know, most prominently in the videos on your company YouTube channel. Additionally, the on-page elements that surround a video play key roles in how the content is crawled, indexed and served to users in search results.
If your SEO marketing campaigns don’t account for video, you’re already starting off at a disadvantage.
Total video views.
Video watch time.
Keyword phrases in titles, closed captions, tags, descriptions, categories and channel pages.
Video length that matches searcher intent.
User engagement (liking, sharing, commenting, subscribing, clicking).
YouTube, the world’s largest video hosting platform, is owned by Google, the world’s largest search engine. And Google SERPs directly feature YouTube videos on Page 1, with rich descriptions, links and on-SERP playback. YouTube SEO in its own right is becoming a distinct SEO discipline.
Despite competing head-to-head with Google, Bing also embeds YouTube videos directly into its SERPs. So, regardless of which search engine your current and potential customers prefer, the connection between high-quality video content and its impact on SEO is enormous.
Your marketing strategy is incomplete without video – search engines and prospects will take notice.
- Interviews or testimonials.
- Video blogs.
- Product demos.
- Animated logos.
- Web demos.
- Motion graphics.
- Corporate promos.
- On-site interviews or testimonials.
- Vox pops.
- Event coverage.
- Drone footage.
Crafted by video SEO experts and commercial-grade videographers, these videos can help your brand redefine its image, expand its marketing versatility and increase user engagement. Our professional videographers have experience creating engaging content for every industry and audience, helping you:
- Support your primary business goals.
- Drive more website traffic.
- Increase conversions.
- Generate qualified leads.
- Improve your video search rankings and visibility in Google.
Video Promotion Services for Max SEO
SEO is not a static discipline. It requires consistent, deliberate delivery and publication of engaging content that meets customer and prospect expectations. To get the word out, Brafton strategists craft promotions and distribution programs customised to your industry, target audience and most relevant marketing channels.
These off-page SEO efforts allow you to generate referral traffic, accrue backlinks and engage viewers across the full spectrum of the web. Tactics may include:
- Video marketing campaigns via email.
- Video promotions on leading social media channels such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn, powering the full scope of your social media marketing.
- YouTube search engine optimisation.
- Supporting video content with other marketing collateral.
- Link-building campaigns.
- Pay-per-click (PPC) management services to place your video ads exactly where your core audience is.
Optimising your video marketing also entails marking up the landing pages and hosting platforms on which they live. These on-page SEO actions may include:
- Conducting page-specific keyword research to identify optimal ranking opportunities.
- Using relevant keywords throughout on-page copy, including the video title, closed captions and other on-screen text.
- Optimising URL strings, title tags, metadata and meta descriptions.
- Curating video playlists to keep users on the page longer.
- Encouraging commentary, sharing and linking in captions and narration.
- Embedding videos in landing pages and blog content to increase engagement and support a better on-page experience.
- Using proper Google schema markup for backend technical SEO.
Our SEO experts stay up to date on all the latest search ranking signals and algorithm changes, helping you harness off-page and on-page optimisation to improve your search rankings, drive more users to your site and get better results from your online marketing campaigns.
Video, When You Need It
Because video production can be more cost-prohibitive for certain budgets relative to other marketing assets, it’s important that the final product you receive generates ROI and is put to good use.
That’s where a full-service SEO agency like Brafton can help. We do more than just produce high-quality video – our SEO experts take advantage of all the SEO tips, tricks and tools in our arsenal to increase traffic, improve lead generation and boost conversion rates.
At Brafton, our in-house videographers, animators and producers can handle the entire video creation process from beginning to end, with expert recommendations and industry insights provided along the way.
And you’re not stuck with contract retainers or rigid off-the-shelf video products. Video SEO services are customisable to what you need right at this very moment, with offerings being à la carte or rolling. To optimise your digital marketing with video SEO is to cash in on wide-scale trends and consumer habits.
Video content is your ticket to reaching modern audiences. Brafton’s video SEO solutions can help your online marketing campaigns drive brand awareness, increase engagement and support your core business goals.