Brafton is strongly committed to protecting your privacy. Personal Information collected by us is used for marketing purposes and to improve your browsing experience. This policy sets out the different ways we collect Personal Information and how we use it. It also explains your rights in relation to this Personal Information and how to contact us.
UPDATED: May 2023
1. Information We Collect
Information voluntarily provided to us: for example, when you sign up to our services, subscribe to our communications, provide information to us and/or access certain resources on our website.
Information we collect automatically: when you use our services or browse our website we may collect information such as:
- IP addresses: We use IP addresses to collect statistical information about the areas of the site that users are visiting, and general “traffic” data and to identify a particular user in relation to items being viewed. This information allows us to determine what is most beneficial for users, and facilitates us in continually improving the overall site for our users.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of our site.
- Web beacons: We use web beacons (or clear gifs) on our website and in our emails. When we send emails, we may track behaviour such as who opened the emails and who clicked the links. This allows us to measure the performance of our email campaigns and to improve our services. Web beacons allow us to collect information about when you open the email, your IP address, your browser or email client type, and other similar details. We tie the information gathered by clear gifs in emails to our subscribers’ Personal Information. If you would like to opt out of these emails, please see the section on “Opting Out and Unsubscribing” below.
2. Use of Personal Information
In general, we will only use the Personal Information you provide to us for the purpose for which it was provided. You may opt out of receiving communications from us by following the instructions set forth in the “Opting Out and Unsubscribing” section below. We reserve the right to access and to disclose Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests, to operate our systems properly or to protect either ourselves or our users.
We may use your Personal Information to:
- Provide our website or our services to you;
- Improve our website, your browsing experience and / or the services we provide to you;
- Send you information or marketing communications which we think may be of interest to you;
- Deliver tailored advertising;
- Respond to any communications you may send us.
3. Retention of Personal Information
We retain Personal Information that you provide us as long as we consider it potentially useful in contacting you about the services we provide, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. We will delete this information from the servers at an earlier date if you so request, as described in “Opting Out and Unsubscribing” below.
4. Security: Our website has industry standard security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. While there is no such thing as “perfect security” on the internet, we will take reasonable steps to ensure the safety of your Personal Information.
5. Opting Out and Unsubscribing: Reviewing, Correcting and Removing Your Personal Information
Upon request we will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your Personal Information. If you provide us with your Personal Information, you have the following rights with respect to that information:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your Personal Information. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your Personal Information, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to or restrict processing – You have the right to object to or request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Information, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the Personal Information that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also opt out of promotional emails we send by clicking the unsubscribe link included at the bottom of the email.
6. Third-party sites